A light source is essential for outdoor activities at night. Whether it is having dinner in the open or camping, proper lighting enhances the ambiance. Outdoor solar lanterns mimic ancient lamps. They have similar flickering effects like those of kerosene lamps.
Features Of Outdoor Solar Lanterns
One should look for the following features before buying an outdoor solar lantern:
- Appearance and design– These lamps ideally beautify the outdoor area of the house, be it garden, patio, or backyard. It also helps in providing a cozy ambiance. It is essential that one should feel confident and happy about the lamps. So, looking for an ideal design of the lanterns is very important. There are many options available that add to the aesthetic value of the house. One can go for an Arabic style or a modern conventional design. Also, one can choose between the vintage type, mason jar lamps, or a traditional one.
- Battery capacity- Battery specification is also an important feature to consider. Select an extended battery capacity model if one has access to good solar power. If this is not possible, then go for the one with low capacity. Moreover, it will enable one to charge the battery entirely and optimize its performance. Also, it is essential to know the amount of time it requires charging and how long does it provide light.
Some More Features
- Lumens and color of light– another essential feature to look for is the intensity of brightness. The solar lanterns mostly have lumens between 5-40. These lanterns are primarily ideal for decoration purposes rather than lighting. Hence, the power of light will not be high. The color of the light is also an important aspect to consider. It tells the user about which light to expect (amber, white light, etc.) when it turns on.
Ideal Placement Of Solar Hanging Lanterns
There are ideally three ways to hang the lanterns. The choice depends entirely on the user’s taste.
- Place them in a sitting position across the backyard. They cannot fire up the garden so one can place them according to desire. One can also keep them on wooden frames on the wall.
- Use loops or metal handles to hang them on the walls. This is also ideal for solar lanterns for camping.
- One can go for string lights design. One need clips or hooks to hang the lanterns across crossing wires.
Tips For Buying Solar Lanterns
If one is buying the solar lanterns for decoration, keep in mind the following tips:
- It does not require any wiring for power. It works on energy present inside its battery. This feature of solar lamps makes them ideal for decoration. One can make use of this advantage to display them across the garden without worrying about ugly wires.
- The color of the lamps should match that of the furniture. It enhances the beauty of the outdoor setup. The light of the solar lamps is generally bright white, amber, and red color.
- A lamp kept properly highlights the remarkable spots. Also, it provides a peaceful and beautiful ambiance to the area. The ideal way is to keep them in places that require additional lighting. This can be the door, a tree, a fountain, flowers, gnomes, or a dinner table.